Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A Year Ago Today


One year ago today, I committed to stick with a detailed plan to lose weight and get healthy.  What a difference a year makes! I was carrying more than 50 pounds with me every day that are no longer part of me. I was uncomfortable in my body and felt defeated from my constant self indulgence. When I stepped on the scales that morning and saw 197.8, it cemented my decision to get serious about losing it! I attained my lifetime membership in Weight Watchers on July 31, weighing in at 144, and continue to weigh in at least monthly. 

I was appalled when I got last year's school pictures. (Lifetouch graciously provided a free set of photos!) I put them face down in a drawer! I ran across them after I got this year's and rejoiced at how much better I feel! Those tight size 16 clothes are history, and I still can’t believe it when I slip into a size 4. I feel so energetic! I thank God for the delicious healthy food he put on this earth and for a strong heathy body to enjoy his creation. I am so thankful he has given me the strength to meet my goals and continue being healthy.

I've blogged before about the plan I followed and my weight loss journey (links below). I highly recommend Weight Watchers and regular aerobic and strength training exercise! The support and encouragement of family, friends and fellow losers is also essential,


http://wlenmusings.blogspot.com/2012/08/before-and-after.html

Here's to another healthy year enjoying delicious healthy food and moving my body every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You still are my inspiration! Congratulations on your accomplishment! CT